Pages

07 January 2013

Hey, hockey is back.

So let's celebrate with a re-pack!

$5.99 slipped into my grocery cart tonight. Let's see what we have.

Could be much, much worse. I guess.

I'll start with the repack-in-a-repack, a product with no name.

Yep. That's a checklist. Awesome start, eh?

1997-1998 Leaf. I love Leaf!

Some legitimate star power on a truly excellent base-set design. I dig.

2005-2006 Parkhurst. Back to the Future! Err, recent past. Or something.


In case you were wondering what every pack of 2005-2006 Parkhurst looked like, well, that's it. Every one. Just like that.

2006-2007 MVP

I think I've seen every one of these cards about 76 times. But they're colourful. Might be a nice binder set. For a six-year-old.

2006-2007 Ultra

Ultra was very, very unimaginative in the mid-to-late 00's. This is that same set as 07-08, but this one has a horizontal foil line. In 08-09, they tilted the player's names. Mind you, this all came after the Upper Deck takeover of Fleer. Before that, Ultra was great. UD neutered it.

2010-2011 Upper Deck

So colourful. Upper Deck hockey in 2012 beat the hell out of UD baseball. What a dreadful set that was. Clutterbuck saves this repack.

Well, it was full of mustly trash, but fun. I'll have to shred some modern hockey before too long in celebration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment